Application Development from Pro-West
Pro-West believes that a unique set of challenges requires a unique solution.
One of Pro-West’s four core values is “focused on the solution”. We are driven by implementing the right GIS solution for your needs, every time. Our GIS application development approach looks first to commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) configurable GIS solutions for an efficient and cost-effective deployment and maintenance, but sometimes that’s not enough.
The right solution means a complete solution. For the needs that COTS templates can’t meet, Pro-west’s GIS application development team produces custom location technology applications. After all, unique workflows and challenges often demand unique solutions.
We believe this is the foundation of our long-standing relationships with our clients in federal, local and state government and commercial industry: we invest time up-front in understanding their distinctive organizations, processes and people, and we care about finding the right solution for their needs.
The Right Solution for Your Needs
Pro-West strives to implement custom GIS solutions that provide transparency, visibility and accountability. Our custom GIS application development process is always right-sized for the tasks at hand to minimize cost, complexity, deployment risk and future maintenance costs.
Pro-West is practiced and proactive in identifying, testing and incorporating the best GIS technologies and techniques in order to produce the right result ever time, delivering a cost-effective, user-friendly and sustainable GIS application that exceeds your needs and expectations.
Keeping the true lifetime cost of custom GIS application in mind has been fundamental to the reputation we maintain as trusted, long-term partners to our clients.
Unsure How to Get the Application You Need?
Pro-West understands that, while many organizations have a desired result or functional requirements or their GIS application, they may be unsure of how to get there.
For those organizations, Pro-West can help to define the right solution and develop a plan to implement it.
Application Development Approach
When the need for custom GIS application development arises, Pro-West does it right!
We understand the significant investment that our clients make in us. The tools we craft and our development process are focused on providing high quality, robust software while keeping our clients actively involved and informed.
Our software development fundamentals revolve around:
- Client involvement – clients are integrated into the Pro-West team from the start and stay involved throughout the project. We provide rapid prototype development with frequent demonstrations and opportunities for feedback
- Requirements gathering – Pro-West invests time in understanding business needs and has the expertise to offer alternative or better solutions where appropriate
- Development – we expect that a project specification will evolve over time and are able to accept these changes as routine. We gain flexibility and adaptability by following a time-boxed, test-driven development methodology.
- Documentation and training – even the best application is not useful if no-one knows how to use it. We provide custom documentation and training at the end of every project, matching the custom-built application and client skill level.
Examples of Custom Applications
Whatever your application development need may be, Pro-West can meet it, practicing the company’s core value of being focused on the solution using tried and tested methodologies for design and development. Examples of custom applications developed by Pro-West include:
- Asset management
- Agricultural assessment
- Work order management
- State One Call solutions
- Flood management websites
- Land records management
- Crime management
- Park locators
- Election tools
- Public websites
- Subscription websites
Visit Our Work to find out more.
Contact Our Experts
Pro-West offers free consultations to help determine your GIS application development needs. Email Brandon Tourtelotte, Business Development Manager by clicking on the button below.