Fall is officially here and, at Pro-West, that means just one thing: the MN GIS/LIS Annual Conference will soon be here!
It’s taking place a little later this year – October 26-28 – giving us an extra couple of weeks to polish our presentations and get in plenty of practice with the popcorn machine. Every year we strive to improve upon the previous year, and we are more excited than ever about the experiences and ideas we’ll be bringing to the 2016 conference.
The preliminary program has been released and we are looking forward to seeing many of you at our workshop and presentations sessions to hear how Minnesota Counties are growing and transforming their GIS programs, and how to make best use of the GIS tools at your disposal.
- Open Data Portals: What, Why, How? Kyle Wikstrom, GIS Solutions Specialist, reveals what’s behind the rise of open data portals and answers the questions we hear most often on this subject. If you’re wondering how to put your data “out there”, or why you would consider doing so, come along and find out! Wednesday, October 26, 1.15pm, Horizon Rm 203. Get a sneak peek at this workshop!
- Building a Future-Ready GIS: Steps to Success Justin Lutterman, GIS Manager at LeSueur County, and Brandon Crissinger, Data Development Manager at Pro-West, tell the story of LeSueur County’s GIS transformation. Ranging from data standards implementation to mobile solutions, the project team will discuss how GIS technology and collaboration helped the County reach its goals. Thursday, October 27, 1.30pm, Split Rock Rm 1
- Adventures in IT: A Guide for GIS People Molly Shoberg, GIS Principal, and Eric McPhee, IT Applications Developer at St Louis County join Lucas Scharenbroich, Technology Manager at Pro-West, to discuss how GIS and IT folks can overcome the challenges of meeting differing sets of priorities to build a successful GIS platform. Thursday, October 27, 3.30pm, Gooseberry Falls 1
- Adding Value to GIS and Land Sales: the Beltrami Story Jane Mueller, GIS Director at Beltrami County and Kyle Wikstrom, Solutions Specialist at Pro-West, share the process Beltrami undertook to bring its GIS up-to-date, taking advantage of tools such as Esri’s ArcGIS Online to transform tedious efforts into streamlined tasks and create public applications to efficiently share land records information. Friday, October 28, 10.30am, Lake Superior Rm M-N
- Transforming the Parcel History Search Join Lucas Scharenbroich, Technology Manager, for this Lightning Round look at the app that is helping Counties get more from the Parcel Fabric by by allowing users to instantly view parcel history information. Friday, October 28, 8.30am, Split Rock Rm 1
March 10, 2020
February 25, 2020
February 21, 2020
February 18, 2020
January 29, 2020