GIS Solutions Engineer II
Spatial and location data is ubiquitous across every industry. GIS is the technology that brings it to life – on mobile, desktop, and the web. If you want to be part of a highly skilled, team-focused environment and create solutions that have an immediate impact, Pro-West & Associates would love to talk with you!
Pro-West & Associates, Inc. is a GIS (geographic information systems) consulting firm located in Walker, MN. Pro-West has been providing highly specialized GIS consulting, programming, and data management services to regional and national clients since its founding in 1987. We are one of the Upper Midwest’s longest-established private firms devoted entirely to assisting public and private entities with the integration of location technology.
As a subject matter expert in GIS, you have a natural ability to identify the right tools for the problem at hand. You create innovative solutions and present them to others in ways that excite them about the capabilities of GIS technology. You leverage your problem-solving skills to show the value of geotechnology and how it helps users understand their data and identify patterns and trends.
Become a part of our team as a Solutions Engineer II and contribute to architecting, configuring and testing a variety of Esri-based solutions that solve real world challenges every day!
This is a new position that is full-time (40 hours per week), remote and includes a flexible work schedule.
- Build strong and trusting client relationships
- Use experience and skills to translate complex business challenges into dynamic and actionable solution
- Serve as a technical expert for Esri technology, specifically: ArcGIS Hub, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, ArcGIS Experience Builder, ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS QuickCapture, ArcGIS Survey123, ArcGIS Dashboards, ArcGIS Instant Apps, ArcGIS StoryMaps
- Configure solutions based on industry and Pro-West standards
- Influence new solution standards to deliver high quality services and products
- Deliver training to clients based on Esri best practices
- Provide thorough and detailed technical support services for our clients
- Provide technical expertise and support for sales and marketing activities
- Present technical content and client case studies at webinars and industry events
- Execute client demonstrations in collaboration with Pro-West Account Management and Business Development team members
- Collaborate with Esri technical teams to advance solutions and expertise
- Collaborate with Pro-West Data, Programming, and Project Management teams to execute technical projects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on Esri solution technology and trends
- Assist with technical content for proposal responses
- Some travel required, up to 25% (U.S. only)
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Geographic Information Systems, or a related discipline
- 2+ years’ experience with configuring Esri solutions in ArcGIS Online and/or Portal
- Demonstrated experience with the Esri platform
- Working knowledge of desktop GIS: ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Pro
- Knowledge of geodatabases and underlying DBMS (primarily SQL)
- Experience with relational database modeling and designing digital twins
- Basic understanding of ArcGIS from an IT context (e.g., hardware, software, storage, security, databases, web services)
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to communicate with multiple clients on a daily basis
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
HOW TO APPLY
Email résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
Pro-West & Associates, Inc. is a GIS (geographic information systems) consulting firm located in Walker, MN, has been providing highly specialized GIS consulting and data management services to regional and national clients since 1987. We are one of the Upper Midwest’s longest-established private firms devoted entirely to assisting public and private entities with the integration of GIS technology throughout the country.
Pro-West & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.