It’s been nearly a week since I left the Esri UC, and I’m still reeling from all of the excitement. So, what are the takeaways from the UC this year? Much of the focus was on putting geographic information and visualization capabilities in users’ hands.
- A lot of new capabilities are coming in ArcGIS Online, and we believe many organizations will be interested in credit budgeting to restrict users’ access to spending credits. It is also advised to Secure your Authentication Protocols for your organization through multi-factor identification or password policies at a minimum.
- We are looking forward to working with users to deploy the upcoming Photo Survey for Local Government Solutions app. This app has the potential to drastically reduce the amount of time spent in the field conducting property surveys.
- The release of Collector for ArcGIS on Windows 10 is anticipated to be a great addition to the amount of flexibility our users have with the ArcGIS Platform, and we are enthusiastic about testing the beta version in the coming weeks!
- You’ve probably been hearing about AppStudio for ArcGIS and how easy this tool makes it to create cross-platform native apps. The different templates will make it easier to create apps to promote your story that are ready to submit to any of the major app stores. The Quick Report template along with the upcoming Survey123 app will make it even easier to create user-friendly data collection apps. The possibilities for more crowdsourced data make these apps are thrilling!
- With the increased ease of cloud computing, we hope to see more users leveraging ArcGIS Server in the Cloud, and Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure cloud providers make this simple with the Esri Platform.
The Esri UC offered an incredible amount of insight into how to leverage the ArcGIS Platform and how much technology is actually available right now. If you missed a part of the conference or couldn’t be there, be sure to check out the E380 Events for videos of the Plenary Session and more coming soon!
March 10, 2020
February 25, 2020
February 21, 2020
February 18, 2020
January 29, 2020